Locksley Family Enterprises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locksley Family Enterprises

Locksley Family Enterprises, Heavy RP Kinship on Landroval Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journal of Rosemead Locksley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rosie

The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Empty
PostSubject: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:42 pm

(The journal is well-kept, obviously treasured. It is bound in soft brown leather and the pale cover sports the images of pressed leaves. The edges of the pages are dusted with gold, and the whole thing is held firmly shut by a rose-colored sash. It starts without introduction, as if the continuation of a previous volume.)

I went into Bree again today. What a festival it has become! All sorts of folk hopping through this way and that, sacks over their shoulders, livestock towed on tethers behind them. With the rain falling heavy and the summer sun making the hayfields blush green, it's no surprise the streets are full again, but call me daft if there aren't a bit more colorful folk passing through here this year than last.

I near tripped over a hobbit making his way across the square this morning. The little-folk aren't an uncommon sight, by any means, but the three dwarves following him certainly were! One of them grumbled something at me and tugged on his gingery beard before waddling off after his fellows. Not long after I saw a small group of finely-dressed elves go by. Yes, elves! In Bree! It would be madness if they weren't so blooming lovely.

I even got a chance to speak to one of them. I found him sitting alone in a quiet corner of the Pony. I think he felt my eyes on him because he smiled and asked after me. Well, that just tied my tongue, it did! I was a right fool until some man came along and started spouting ever so urgently about some shadow in the East and how we should all take up swords against it.

Now, any man worth his coppers knows the only thing comes out of the east is the sun, and that's nothing like a shadow. I think the poor fellow might have had a little too much of Barliman's Best.

Sir Dalthyn, the kind elf, agreed. He told the man to stay his tongue because I was quite clearly at peace here. I wondered what made him think I would be in danger of being otherwise, and why he was so eager to shush the excitable gentleman.

Pa always said Bree is full of strange folk. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised. I do hope I will see sir Dalthyn again soon!

-Rosie
Back to top Go down
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Well, it does look as if all of Middle-earth has settled down in Bree for the summer. I sat by the fountain for a while just watching everyone go by. Bout half past noon those pale elves glided past again. They were a sight, they were, hands folded at their stomachs, soft robes falling like a waterfall to kiss the cobblestones. Didn't make a noise, those elves! I so badly wanted to lift one of those robes to see if they weren't floating a few inches above the stonework, but there were lots of people watching and I can imagine Ma would have had a thing or two to say about that.

I just say by the fountain for a while running my hands through the water (which is quite green--I wonder who cleans it?) until I noticed a man sitting in a chair right by mine. He was so quiet I barely noticed him until he started flipping through the pages of his book.

Ma said it's not polite to stare, but I just couldn't help it! He looked so unusual, dressed up in all those fancy clothes, and it's not often you see a Bree-man so hung up in a book, especially such a big one. He didn't look like he even knew I was there, so I finally got up the courage to ask him what it was he was reading.

We got to talking, and it turns out he's from Gondor! I don't actually know what Gondor is, really, but it sounds big, and I know it is very far away, and anyone from somewhere big and far away must be very important to venture all the way out here.

He didn't seem like he was on business, though. He just smiled very sweetly and asked me lots of questions about what it's like to live in Bree, and told me a lot about his book and other things he likes to read. He said his name was Telkun, which is a funny sounding name, but maybe names are very different sounding things over in Gondor, wherever that is exactly.

Sir Telkun asked if I came to Bree a lot, and I said I did and showed him my very favorite rooftop. If I see him in town again, I will have to show him the cat lady's house, as that's always been one of my favorite places to go, especially when there are kittens! I certainly hope he' not allergic!

-Rosie
Back to top Go down
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm

I twisted my ankle running on the stone wall in the town square today. I was sitting there in a stew wondering if I should try putting weight on it when whose boots should come into my view but Sir Telkun's! He helped me up and stayed to talk with me for a while after that. He seemed different from the other day--more skittish. I couldn't rightly tell why but maybe he's not a fan of crowds.

He did give me that book he was reading the other day as a gift! I was so surprised! I don't own many books, truth be told, and this one looks real interesting.

This afternoon Pa took us to see the new house! It's so lovely! Dastan and I ran around in the yard for a while and I bet him I could find a way onto the roof faster than he could (I did--Ma yelled at us though). Afterwards he started teasing me about the book and spinning tales about who must've got it for me. Honestly, he's such a measle sometimes, he is!

There was a strange man with Pa all day. He says he's called Athanaric. Apparently he made some pact to Pa and is now working as a family guardian or something. Personally I don't think we need it, what with Phryn and Pa, but he seemed nice enough, and he answered all my questions when I asked them.

Tomorrow I'm going to explore the new neighborhood. The house is in the woods and the ground's all dark with pine needles, but just a ways up the hill it opens up onto flowery meadows and what I think is a right fair view of the mountains. Can't imagine what it might look like on one of those hazy-blue summer days. I'll have to take a picnic!

-Rosemead

Back to top Go down
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Pa took me to the forges last night! He let me watch as he hammered out a blade for me and Athanaric. The heat from the forges was so strong but I love being there, watching the liquid metal being poured and shaped. I've always loved seeing how things are made. I'm not sure why Pa thought it was so important that I keep a dagger, but he went out of his way to make it just for me and so I plan on taking it with me most places. I just hope I don't scare anyone!

I spent the afternoon in Staddle fishing by the pond near the town center. It was a warm day and real silent, too. For a while I just sat by the bank watching my reflection in the tiny ripples. I think I might have fallen asleep if I didn't hear signing on the other side of the pond. I looked over and there was Telkun, relaxing in the sun as if he didn't have a reason in the world to be anywhere else.

I hadn't been talking to him long before Athanaric somehow found us. He's been acting real strange of late, coming and going in the shadows as he pleases. He's doing it to protect us, I wager, but the way he threatened Telkun it made me feel not so safe around him. He said if Telkun laid a finger on me he'd flay him, he did! Poor Telkun took up a mighty stutter after that, not that I blame him. Not every day you get a death threat just for wanting to talk to a lady.

-Rosie
Back to top Go down
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

I spent the evening in Archet with Ma. She and Athanaric dragged me into a terrible dark cave full of spiders, but Ma promised she'd protect me and Athanaric made sure to clear the way. Still though, if anyone tries to take me there again I'll plant my feet in the soil and grow roots, I will!

I was talking with Dawn Stockard when a man I hadn't seen before came up to me and asked if I knew the way to Combe. I figured since I was meeting Ma there I'd show him the way. He said his name was Galaborn and he walked me there. He was very kind! Ma even seemed to like him, and she usually gives the men who hang around me an evil eye. He sat with us on a hill in the moonlight and told us stories until it was time for us to go.

This morning I found a letter from him saying he'd love to see me again. Thee was also a note from Telkun and a lovely copper necklace attached to it. I was so surprised! I feel guilty accepting such a nice gift, but it fits around my neck just so and it shines so nicely in the sun. I'll be sure to thank him next I see him.

-Rosie

Last edited by Rosie on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Phryn and Athanaric got into an argument in Combe today. I didn't know what they were saying really, but it seemed Athanaric was trying to tell Phryn that the Watch doesn't have much power anymore, and that made Phryn angry. He stomped off and left me alone with Athanaric, who took of his shirt and asked me to treat his wound he got in some fight. I told him I'm no healer, but he insisted and so I did the best I knew how.

After he kept giving me funny looks and saying things that made no sense. I kept trying to make excuses to get away, but he pulled me to him and hugged me tightly and said he would like to be with me. From the frightening smile on his face and the way he wouldn't let me go I figured he meant 'be with' in the sense that Ma and Pa do, and that right scared me.

I think he got frustrated with me because eventually he walked off, and I just sat down against the fence and hugged my knees. I don't know what to think. It doesn't take a genius to see Athanaric's my senior in many years and then some, and lately I've been more afeared around him than feeling safe.

I want to tell Pa, but I shouldn't. Athanaric made a pact with Pa and I don't want to be the one to break it cause of some butterflies in my stomach. I should just keep my mouth shut.

-Rosie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journal of Rosemead Locksley   The Journal of Rosemead Locksley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journal of Rosemead Locksley
Page 1 of 1